Saturday, May 31, 2008

Whozat cheeky lot?

The logo of my recently shelved "people omnibus" startup Tinfinger, drawn by professional illustrator Ray Frenden based on my concept:



The logo of Whozat, people search engine startup based in California headed up by an Italian and an Argentine:



Anyone see the similarity? Yes, the colouring on both sets of lettering is based on skin tones of people from around the world. I don't know how long ago Whozat thought up their logo, since the Wayback Machine is not cooperating, but I'm tipping theirs was done later than October 2005 because their site lists their inception date as 2006.

It's just not cricket.

1 Comments:

Blogger mbuckbee said...

I think Ubuntu may have actually gotten the skin tone as logo/theme thing before both of you, but I will admit the logos look similar.

2:16 am, June 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home